Dunmore Park House in Falkirk was used in the first episode of Outlander as the field hospital where Claire is worked as a nurse.
Built in 1822 for the 5th Earl of Dunmore, his family occupied the building Dunmore Park House until 1911. It was sold as private residence, later being briefly used a girls school from 1961 to 1964. Since then it has fallen into disrepair. As a consolation, this means that the house is free, and easy, to visit.
Image supplied by Helen Grant